Weekend Reads - RAW 170310


A few articles for your weekend reading.




One Thing I Did Right in Ministry: “I Started a Book Table” : Founders Ministries


A culture of appreciation of good books took root in the church over those first few years and has continued to the present. With a little encouragement, members began buying books for family and friends, often including an appropriate title with a birthday or Christmas gift. Over the years it has become second-nature for many of our members to use books...



3 Reasons to Read a Book Right Now – Personal Growth – Medium


BOOKS MAKE YOU SMARTER (Mathematically) When I was earning my driver’s license, I had maybe 3 months of experience driving. My dad had 25+ years. If is teaches me even 5% of what he knows, I now have knowledge from an extra 1.5 years of driving without having to spend the time myself. The same happens with books.



One Book Which Changed My Life Forever – Personal Growth – Medium


Sorry, I couldn’t come up with “50 GREAT READS TO SUPERCHARGE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY.” Instead, here is the first book which changed my life forever. There have been others, of course, but you never forget the first time. The book which had the most change on my life was The Bridge to Terabithia.



How a TV Sitcom Triggered the Downfall of Western Civilization - David Hopkins - Pocket


I want to discuss a popular TV show my wife and I have been binge-watching on Netflix. It’s the story of a family man, a man of science, a genius who fell in with the wrong crowd. He slowly descends into madness and desperation, lead by his own egotism. With one mishap after another, he becomes a monster. I’m talking, of course, about Friends and its tragic hero, Ross Geller.



How to Think Like a Futurist


Some technological trends fizzle out while others overturn everything. Author Amy Webb explains how she discerns which ones will go in which direction.



The Six C's of Success | Connect | Turner Publishing


Only those people who have made the attempt truly know the challenges of writing a novel, especially since so many doubts and frustrations can come along to derail a person’s creative drive. Yet the utter joy and satisfaction of completing a book is beyond compare, so for anyone who aspires to become an author, I want to inspire you by sharing my own experiences and advice. Because it always helps to know you’re not alone with the struggles and uncertainty you might be facing.



MIT's Fusion Reactor Broke a World Record Right Before the Feds Shut It Off


MIT’s fusion program has fallen on hard times, but that hasn’t stopped it from smashing world records and keeping the dream of limitless, carbon-free energy alive. At an International Atomic Energy Agency summit in Japan this week, researchers involved with MIT’s Alcator C-Mod tokamak reactor announced that their machine had generated the highest plasma pressure ever recorded.




Head over to my Facebook page The BistroMath to join the conversation. While you're there 'like' it so you are notified when new posts are up.  You can also follow me on Twitter or Google+. To do so click on the images below.
 Twitter    Google+    YouTube   TheBistroMath

Comments

Popular Posts